Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tomato Thief

We have a tomato garden in our back yard. Somehow out of the 3 varieties of tomatoes we have only been able to harvest a few small cherry tomatoes. However, I have been very suspicious of our dog (Amos) lately. As I left for work I noticed his face, which is typically white with a little grey, was showing signs of lime green. Hmm...he has been getting into those tomato plants! One morning as I came into the laundry room, he was laying down with part of his face hidden. He refused to move his head up to look at me. When I came close he became very excited and lifted his head. Yep, sure enough his face was a new and fresh shade of lime green. Finally this afternoon I caught him in the act. I came into the kitchen and watched from the window as he emerged from under the deck and walked right up to the tomato plant, stuck his face in and pulled a green fruit from the vine. I hurried to grab my camera so Cary would finally believe me, but all I could manage was a short video of Amos swallowing the last of his afternoon snack. Dang dog. I wonder if we'll ever be able to enjoy the fruit of the summer sun.

No comments: