Saturday, November 17, 2007

Fabulous Saturday

What a fun day! I started by exercising with The Firm, something I haven't done in a while due to marathon training. It was really tough to get motivated but somehow when I put my workout clothes on I sort of have to exercise. So I was really proud of myself for going through with the DVD and starting the work out regimin so soon after the race.

Later this morning I met Jaclyn at the mall and we headed straight for Starbucks to warm ourselves. I tried a new latte, the peppermint mocha and it was soo yummy. I also took the opportunity to buy some very important people Christmas presents. One year I waiting too long to buy the gift cards and they were sold out of the Holiday theme cards and more importantly the very cute card holders, so I jumped on the chance when I had it. After a couple of sipps of my fantastic latte we headed down the walkway to a salon for pedicures. I seriously can not remember the last time I had a pedicure. Since Cary and I are heading on a cruise here shortly I figured now is the best time to pamper my feet. As an extra special treat I requested some dazzle be added to my toes in the form of a rhinstone flower.

We just chatted, laughed and drank our coffee while the worries of our worlds were being massaged away. (sigh) I want to do it again!

Next we went for some lunch. We induldged ourselves with wine and appetizer and then I had a really good salad with salmon. As we headed out of the restaurant I said to Jaclyn, "I'm amazed that we trained every week together for a marathon, ran a marathon and then a week later are spending the day together and STILL have not run out of things to talk about." Now that's a good friend!

With our tummies full and Anne Taylor Loft being across the walk way we made a bee line for some shopping. I hit the sale racks and found some really cute clothes on sale. One shirt I purchased was marked $40 and when it rang up it was $9.88!!! Now that got me excited. Jaclyn bought the most adorable and classic holiday tank with this fabulous silver jacket. Really, it looks like something Jaqueline Kennedy would wear. It took some convincing for her to purchase it, but I was the PERFECT person for the job. Now I just hope that I can borrow it! ;) Lastly we took a spin through Macy's to check out the new fragrances. I found one I really like by Usher and picked up a couple of samles; there's even a cologne sample for Cary.

I'm home now and waiting for Cary to come in from mowing the lawn so I can give him a fashion show and see what he thinks of my fantastic finds.

Jaclyn and I have been planning this day of celebration for quite a while now and it lived up to every expectation. We also decided that we needed to do this again as a Christmas present for each other, dedicate the day to hanging out! Yes, this goes down in the books as a fabulous Saturday.

No comments: