Monday, December 29, 2008

Satisfaction

We have had several days off work for the holidays. It's been really nice! There is also a 2 page list of things to do before the baby arrives, most of which has taken up Cary's time. I have been really surprised that it only takes 2 days for me to get bored and begin to feel unproductive. Sleeping in late isn't so much fun any more. I actually thought last night, "I need to wake up at my normal work time tomorrow morning." What?

So this morning I made a decision to get up (no, not the normal time...it was much later but we got to bed much later last night) and make a list of things I was going to accomplish today. Most of which required me to be out of the house. I am proud to say I shopped for about 7 hours! I made 2 trips home to unload the car and take a break. Surprisingly the breaks were perfectly timed because my stomach needed food and my feet were about to fall off.

Now, before you get all excited about the 7 hours of shopping...don't. The outing included a trip to Baby's R Us for registry items and purchasing our car seat travel system. I had grocery shopping to do. Then there were the light fixtures I needed to select for the new master bath and let's not forget the bedding for the new master bedroom. Yes, these are all exciting things but necessities and things I could not ignor any longer. Besides, it was exhausting!

Most importantly I feel satisfied with my productivity. And Cary is happy that I got things checked off the 2 page list. Now he has tools to keep working on the renovations!

Sorry, no pictures...too tired. :)

Ready for some homemade pizza and a movie tonight. Aaahhh....this feels good!

No comments: