Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Road Trip

A few weeks back Cary's co-worker approached him about selling his BMW. Since Cary's always looking for opportunities to provide for the family and get a good deal, he jumped at the chance to sell his car.

It took us a few weeks to decide what we were going to do; buy a car for me, buy a car for him or buy a car at a really good deal and sell it again in a year to make some money. The most practical choice was to get a van for me.

Cary watched Craigslist like a hawk for anything that popped up and surprisingly he came across a 2005 Honda Odyssey with 70,000 miles at an A-MAZING price. But, and there is always a but, it was in North Carolina and with his work schedule it would be over a week before we could go down to see it. We decided to check back in with the seller periodically and pray over it.

Well, after Cary's work lightened up a bit he took the day off on Monday and we took a family road trip!!

I will say we both did not want to get our hopes up. Sometimes too good of a deal is just a big mess waiting to happen.



On our way down we stopped at Parkers BBQ. This is a place where Cary would visit with his family every year as they drove to the beach for summer vacation.

I swear we stop for BBQ on every road trip.



We tried to get Ellery to eat (and this is the best picture I could get) but she just was not interested. The second after this was taken the food was in her bib. I think it has something to do with the PB & J she ate in the car.





As part of our inspection of the van we found a Honda dealership a few miles away and had it looked at.

I thank GOD for an incredibly patient baby girl and this play room. We stopped a few times to let her run around while we were traveling in the car but the hour we spent in this play room I think helped us to keep our sanity for the rest of the day.



Here it is! The minivan. I really feel like this car is a blessing. The Lord had His hand on the whole thing, the timing, the price, our trip and even Ellery's attitude/behavior. I am so very thankful to Him for taking care of us.



One last thing, Never say "NEVER." That's all I'm gonna say.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, congrats on taking another big step into full-fledged mommyhood!

Ali said...

awesome! you will LOVE it