Saturday, November 19, 2011

Appendectomy

What a crazy few days!

Wednesday evening Cary went to bed complaining of indigestion.  He believed the chili I made for dinner was "bad."  I disagreed because his folks and I ate it for dinner and had no problems.

Well, he wasn't feeling well on Thursday either and came home from work early.  I took the kids out for a little over an hour that evening so he could rest with out disruption.  When I pulled into the garage, at 5:30/6:00, he was in his coat and heading out the door to Patient First.  He thought he had appendicitis and just wanted it checked out to prevent a 3AM emergency.  I was skeptical.

Sure enough, 45 minutes later he called and was being sent to the ER!  What the heck?!

Thankfully his parents were in town and met him at the hospital to wait and see how things were going to progress.  I waited until the kids were in bed and Walt had his last feeding before heading to the hospital while my dad sat at the house with the children. 

Cary went in for surgery at 9:45 and 1 hour later he was done.  It took him FOR-EVER to wake up and get settled in his room.  I didn't get home from the hospital until about 1:30 AM.  Thank the Lord he didn't listen to me!

He was discharged the next day and has been recovering fairly quickly.  Whew, I am so thankful that experience is over and even more thankful everything went well. 

1 comment:

Courtney said...

yikes!!! that is CRAZY!