My sweet Ellery. Another year has gone by and you are now a whopping 5 YEARS OLD!!
We celebrated you all day, and will continue the rest of the week.
The day began with a wake up call from Mom & Dad singing "Happy Birthday."
Ellery wasn't too thrilled with that since she went to sleep pretty late the night before.
She opened a couple presents (note the new skirt and cardigan) and then off to breakfast with Daddy before school. Of course Walt had to get in on the action, birthdays are a big deal for a 2 year old!
Ellery requested a "Frozen" birthday. I found this free download online and had it printed at Costco. Then late last night I cut it out and taped it to the door so she could be greeted by Olaf.
"Cause some people are just worth melting for..."
Mid morning Mimi & I took cupcakes to class. We were celebrating Ellery's birthday jointly with another boy in her class.
This is a picture of excitement...
This is a picture of her eyes stinking because smoke from the match got in her eyes (somehow).
Walt ponied right up to an empty chair at her table and blended right in. At one point Mimi didn't know where he was cause he looked like another preschooler!
What does a 5 year old request for her birthday dinner. I think the same thing she requested last year, Chick Fil A nuggets! Daddy brought her a diet coke as a special surprise.
The cake.
Requested: Frozen Rainbow Cake.
I asked, "What does a Frozen Rainbow Cake look like exactly?"
Answer: "Well, it's a rainbow cake and (waving hands in the air) ya know....has snowflakes and is white..."
Aaahhh, yes. Well I hope this is acceptable.
I had 1, 6" round pan and it took ALL AFTERNOON to make a 5 layer rainbow cake.
My sweet friend, Rebecca, talked me through working with fondant.
Thank the LORD, Walt was happy playing with play dough this morning, while Shep napped and I could take a precious hour out of the insane day to perfect a "Rainbow Snowflake Cake."
BUT. Before the cake. She had to open a gift. The soundtrack to Frozen.
Mood music, ya know...
NO DOUBT SHE IS TOTALLY WORTH ALL THE TIME IT TOOK TO MAKE THIS CAKE!
I mean...the JOY!
Presents (there are more of these but I will spare you).
Mimi, Granddad & Little Princess
Sweet, sweet, baby girl. You made me a Mamma. God uses you every single day to bring joy to our life and teach us about His love and grace. You are SUCH a blessing and I love you to the moon & back.





















1 comment:
totally bawling?! what is my problem! so happy for her and YOU! you gave her such a special day!!
Post a Comment