Sunday, November 11, 2007

Marathon #2



My dad had my camera and didn't realize that it was set for video instead of pictures.

It's done! Wow, what a great race. I'm so excited. Yesterday afternoon I thought to myself "I think I was born to run marathons." Not that I would necessarily win any of them, but to know that I can run a long distance and feel great, meet goals and most importantly have a good time leads me to believe I was born to run marathons. Makes a person wonder what other untapped abilities they might have. Who knew?! Cary did great. He didn't make his goal time but what I consider "great" is the post race attitude. He suffered from muscle cramps 2/3 into the race and once that sets in, you pretty much suffer the rest of the race. We just have to figure out how to prevent this problem for future events.

My finish time goal was between 4:15 & 4:30. My actual finish time was 4:23. The cool things is that we beat the estimated finish time (based on the 1/2 marathon time) by 5 minutes!

Today the knees are sore and it takes work to get up and down steps and sit or stand up, but once I'm up, then I feel fine. Okay, I'm a little tired but after the race I did nothing but lay around the house. Check out this website video, it's pretty accurate as to how we are moving today.

http://www.realbuzz.com/en-gb/Your_pictures_and_videos/index?pageID=3174&ht_do=view&id=130

Now that the race is over it's kinda bitter sweet. I'll miss the weekend runs with Jaclyn and the training team but there will be other events.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

yea!!! i'm so proud of you! and i think you WERE made to run marathons! GREAT job!!!