Thursday, November 6, 2008

Like the Bachelorette!!

Oh how life changes before you realize it. Sweetie invited about 15 guys over tonight for dinner and a social event. I have been cooking since this weekend and we have both been working hard to get the house clean. I had high hopes of showering and doing my hair, applying fresh make up and putting some cute outfit on. Yes, those were just hopes. Reality was that I decided to dust, iron, make more food and before I knew it the time ran out.

So the evening begins and in roll the gentlemen. At one point I opened the door to greet a guest and had a moment of realization. Tonight was like the Bachelorette! My house was filled with extremely attractive men and I am the ONLY woman. Never mind the wedding band, pony tail, expired make up and oh yea, the pregnant belly hanging out in front of me! Just for a moment I basked in the dream of being younger, thin and single. As fast as that thought came, it went. It went because as I looked around I saw my Sweetie. I wouldn't trade him for the world. Especially NOT to be a bachelorette again.

No comments: