Several days of the work week I get to a point where I look forward to lunch time simply to "escape" the grind of work. I might not actually leave the office building but I find ways to take my mind off of the immediate work at hand and let myself wonder through a conversation with a co-worker or surf friends blogs.
Today is that sort of day.
The only problem is, my brother doesn't understand the need for escape. He works in the company with me and just today relocated his office. His new work space happens to be across the hall from the conference room. The conference room is where I like to eat lunch "in."
Michelle, my lovely co-worker, and I were enjoying a delicious lunch of Chick-fil-a and frozen meals, chatting away and before I knew it my brother started asking us random work questions. None of which we could possibly have the answers for.
I lost my patience. My the Lord forgive me and my nasty tone of voice and sharp responses but I had almost had it. When he left the room I closed the conference room door. No one was going to break through my boundry of a work-less lunch.
Sometimes you just have to stick up for yourself and your own needs and others will just have to get over it. I think Daniel got the hint when I closed the door because he hasn't approached me with any more questions.
2 comments:
Thank you for shutting the door! I needed the break too :).
wow, I hope your brother does not read your blog!
Post a Comment