Thursday, January 15, 2009

Slow Work

It's getting really slow at work. Up until recently (say since Sept) I have been a project manager/client liaison for the construction division of my company. I loved my job. In Sept. I needed to step in and take on the title of dispatcher for our trucking division. This was not a transition I enjoyed or desired, but sometimes you gotta do what's necessary.

Well, now our construction and trucking division are located in the same building (we moved in Oct) and I'm still working in trucking. There just isn't any construction work for me to do! But now that I'm getting ready to have our baby I'm trying to scale things back a bit.

The last week I've been "training" our office manager to take over my data entry work and payroll process. It's really not complicated stuff, just more mind numbing than anything else. But the point is, the time is now 10:45 AM and I have turned in payroll information to our accountant. I could go home and not come back until Monday. Instead, I'll try to brain storm ideas of how to generate construction business, work on organizing things around the office and probably be here for a 1/2 day tomorrow.

That's a fun thing, I've been working 1/2 days on Fridays for the past couple of weeks. I get to work on baby things with my mom and make sure errands are run. It will be nice when the baby arrives and I'll feel busy again.

No comments: