Friday, January 2, 2009

Vanilla Latte Anyone?

My Sweetie, the Barista (or is it Baristo?)

We were over at my parents house this afternoon and while rummaging through the cabinet Cary came across a Krups Espresso maker. This belonged to a dear friend several years ago and I had my eye on it back then. Much to my surprise it was tucked way up on a high shelf and I said "QUICK, grab it!"
A few nights ago we were watching Food Network and an episode of Good Eats was all about espresso and how to make a latte. It's like all of the pieces of a puzzle just fell right together. Cary gave me some vanilla syrup for Christmas and then we watched the TV show and now we have an espresso maker!!

So that's what we did tonight. Played around and Sweetie made me a latte that was "slap your grandma silly" delicious. I actually said, "Sweetie, I think I'm going to have to call my mom and tell her about this fantastic latte. It's better than Starbucks! I'm as satisfied right now as I am when I take a hot bath; or crawl into bed after the sheets have just been washed and everything is soft, sweet smelling and snuggly." So yummy!

Obviously we are new at this espresso thing. Our tools were: 2 shot glasses, a meat thermometer and a measuring cup (more for the overflow of foaming milk than steaming. The machine came with the cup for the milk to steam in).

So if you like lattes, come on over we can make 'em for ya!

No comments: