Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sorry Folks! I don't know where my brain has been but I just realized today that I haven't updated ya'll on the progress as of late.

Well, the chimney is gone! There again, I could have sworn I had a picture of the rooms with out the chimney but when I opened my camera tonight I realized I do not. So I will be sure to get that taken and post it very soon.

In the mean time, here is that mysterious master bathroom!



The construction of tile bathrooms in the 1950's was pretty major. 3/4 of this room was concrete and some heavy duty metal mesh. We do have a jack hammer but that doesn't seem to be making the demolition go any faster.

Yesterday my dad and I put together an initial construction schedule. IF (and that's a big if) everything goes according to our estimations we would be finished with the project by Jan. 22. Our move in date is Jan. 15. Construction schedules flex a LOT so I'm not going to let it stress me out. Although I will say that even visiting this site this morning I found myself saying "Okay Kenny. I'm not going to keep you any longer because there is a LOT of work to do and we are on a very tight schedule so get on back to tearing out that shower!"

Cary is out purchasing the framing materials this evening. Hopefully by the time we get back into town this weekend we'll have a bathroom wall and some closets! And hopefully we'll still be on schedule!!

No comments: