Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Good Decisions

This morning I reflected on some poor decisions I've made regarding Ellery so far this week.

You know, things like:
-Sure! Let's eat 2 cupcakes 15 minutes before your scheduled nap!

-What? You don't want to sleep (not because of the cupcakes) and want to scream? Okay, I'm come visit you and let you crawl all over me and convince me to let you out of your room.

-Go ahead and tear everything out of my purse, the pantry and toy cabinets and don't worry, I'll clean up.

They might not seem like a lot (well except the cupcake decision) but I've learned from those mistakes. I've had to deal with the consequences.

This morning I debated on whether or not to let her skip the morning nap so we could go to Story Time at the library. My reasoning was, if it's the only time she will be out of the house today and have any sort of interaction with other kids then it's okay.

I'm so glad I made the decision to go. I ran into another mom I met a few months ago who happens to live right around the corner from me. We hit if off at our second meeting and now I anticipate this to be the beginning of a wonderful friendship (which I really need right now).

We also ended up spending the day at my parents house cooking, cleaning, napping and visiting.

Yes, a bit off from my original plan but I'm happy with my decisions!

3 comments:

Peyton said...

ha, I've made the cupcake mistake before. love and miss you guys!
ps. why am I not on your blogroll?!?

Courtney said...

ps. i want to live around the corner from you!

Courtney said...

it's kinda overwhelming all the decisions we have to make each day, isn't it??

at least it is for me...