Cary took Ellery with his family to visit his grandparents this weekend (he also took the camera which I haven't even opened since they've returned). That meant Walt and I had our own mini "stay-cation."
I believe this was the longest time I've been away from Ellery. However I was really looking forward to having some time to myself. It's amazing how quiet the house became when they left. I think Walt took the best 2 hour nap he's had since coming home from the hospital.
My few days alone were really filled with rushing to work on projects that I have wanted to do but never had the chance while taking care of a newborn and toddler.
I planned on hanging out with girlfriends and cashing in on a massage gift certificate. These events were probably the highlight of my weekend.
Crazy but the first few hours home alone I chose to clean. Umm, my house NEVER stays clean and I am on the cleaning treadmill every waking moment. It's endless and frustrating and overwhelming. I need to get over it is the bottom line; hop off the cleaning treadmill. But I will admit that having rooms straight for longer than 2 hours was SOO NICE.
I stayed up too late watching TV and movies. I had hoped to have Walt sleeping in bed with me, cause I love when we nap together, but I decided it was best to have him in his crib. :(
No, I didn't get all of my projects done which honestly leaves me a bit frustrated..but, I got enough done.
My time alone felt short but it was super nice to have the time to myself, considering not many mom's get this kind of opportunity.
I am thankful and it was a good long weekend.
2 comments:
sounds glorious!
You should definitely sign up to do the race! I will warn you that I will be slow because I haven't done any exercise in so long, but I would still love to do it, or at least try to do it with you. Let me know what you decide :)
Michelle texted me yesterday to say she is coming home on the 30th. If you are around you should come over with Ellery and Walt.
Hope all is well and you enjoyed your "stay-cation"!
Post a Comment