Friday, August 5, 2011

SAD!!


I was just putting Ellery down for her afternoon nap and she decided she wanted me to tell her a story instead of reading her a book.

I'm kinda tired myself so I decided to crawl into bed with her and snuggle as I told her a story of how Daddy took Mommy camping before we were married.

Ellery didn't like me snuggling with her.  Here is how the conversation went:

Me:  "Ellery why don't you want me to snuggle with you?"

Ellery:  "Because I don't like you."

M:  "What?  Why don't you like me?"

E:  "I don't like you because....because....because I like Daddy and want Daddy to snuggle with me."

Ouch!  I just couldn't believe she actually told me she didn't like me!  She lets Daddy snuggle her every night before she goes to sleep.

Oh well, she'll like me one day.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Sean used to tell me he didn't like me at that age because of all of my rules. Ha! Don't take it too personally. And yes, you'll be the bestest of friends one day!