Sunday, February 19, 2012

Princess Tea Party

Friday morning Ellery celebrated her 3rd birthday with a "Princess Tea Party." It was very small and perfect.


 

The majority of our decorations came from a pack of Princess scrap booking paper I found at Hobby Lobby.



Each of the place mattes were laminated pages of scrap book paper.  Each girl took theirs home.
The tea cups and plates are my Mom's.
The paper crowns are from a Princess cupcake set I bought at Disney last year.  
The cupcake set came with a small cupcake cookbook,which is what I used to make the chocolate & vanilla cupcakes.  They were INCREDIBLE.  Seriously, the best cupcakes I've ever had!


Again, more scrap book paper and ribbon!


Ellery was given the Bella Princess Dress as a birthday present! 


Each guest wore their princess dresses and looked so adorable!

I read a princess story to them, of course it was a Beauty and the Beast story.


Then we headed into the play room for a candy necklace craft.




Then we had our lunch. Crown Almond Butter & Jelly Sandwiches, fruit (served in the tea cups) and Cheez-Its.

The Moms ate chicken salad on croissants, deviled eggs, four bean salad and fruit.



The amazing cupcake


Ellery listened very carefully when we sang Happy Birthday



The candle proved to be a bit more difficult than expected.  Thankfully Mar Mar stepped in for a little extra help.


Funny how kids eat primarily the icing and just a little bit of cupcake.

We served lunch around 11:15, a bit early but I really wanted the sugar from the cupcakes in the girls systems as early as possible so it could wear off before nap time.



Ellery received so many wonderful gifts!


Mimi gave her a precious pink princess dress with a cape that has fur trim and matching slippers.




Happy Birthday Precious Girl!  I love you very much!! :)

3 comments:

Ali said...

My love for scrapbook paper very much appreciates all your cute decorations. I love the placemat idea. The party looked so cute. nice job. happy birthday Ellery

Courtney said...

what an adorable party!!!

Michelle said...

What a fun party! Is this what my future holds.....?