Saturday, February 18, 2012

Perfect Valentine's Day

This year was probably the BEST Valentine's Day of my life.  No joke.  That is saying a lot!

Here is why:

Tuesday morning I was in Ellery's preschool class participating in her sweet Valentine's party.  I read "Elmo Loves You" to the kids, while Walt, Ellery & her friend Bella climbed into my lap (and almost broke my legs).  We watched a VeggieTales DVD on Love while the kids did crafts and of course there were TONS of handmade valentine cards for each child and yummy goodies.

When Cary was driving home he called and told me not to make dinner, that he had something special planned and to have the kids ready to head out by the time he got home.  I didn't care where we went, as long as I didn't have to make dinner.  Sweet man took us to Stuffy's for dinner (a sub shop) where there were literally no other patrons so we could relax when it came to the volume of our children's squeals.  My family used to eat at Stuffy's on Sunday nights after church when I was growing up.  So there was some nostalgia there for me.  Ellery shared a sandwich with her dad.  It was so cute to watch her eat a sub by herself and she just looked so grown up and CUTE.

Next we walked across the street to Sweet Frogs and had some frozen yogurt.  There were 2 families there with children the same age as ours so again, it was relaxing.  Ellery LOVED it.  She especially loved the fast dance music and hopped out of her chair when she was finished with her ice cream and proceeded to dance all up and down the shop.

Once the kids were in bed I was able to "craft" for Ellery's party on Friday and then Cary and I were able to spend some sweet time together. 

Seriously, so low key.  So relaxed, no pressure of the typical "Valentine's Day" things.  Although I will say that my sweet man gave me a card, chocolates, my new favorite beer AND some peanut butter ice cream.  He knows me so well.... :) 

I loved it!  I love my family so much.

No comments: