Monday, November 16, 2009

First Demolition

The first thing to go was the kitchen cabinets. Well, they were pretty sturdy and almost build into the walls so to remove them meant we had to remove the wall its self.



The next day Kenny took out the wall separating the kitchen and dining room.

It's starting to look brighter already!



I've changed my mind on the cabinet color and door style a few times already. But I think I've settled on white cabinets with black or dark gray countertops. My inspiration came from Ina Gartens kitchen. Any holiday decorations or colors will play nicely off of white cabinets. They are very "clean" looking and I like that they will assist in making the kitchen feel larger.

We plan to run hardwood flooring into the kitchen. That's another fun project for Cary!

Next demolition.....the living room walls!!!!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

this is so FUN!!!!

Ali said...

Oh, Kenny is going to have his work cut out for him. What a blessing for his family too. I can just hear him now, singing away to the Christian radio station :)
Are you sure you aren't trying to compete with us with the worst master bath?

Bassett said...

wow, big project leah! looking good so far! say hi to cary for me! :)