Hello!!
We are alive!!
We survived...a bit worse for ware, but we're still here.
No cable or Internet until Thursday. But today I am at my parents house trying to get Ellery to sleep and do some laundry so I grabbed a computer and wanted to let you know we are okay.
Let's see....the last update included lots of tears and chaos, right?!
Saturday we had an ENORMOUS amount of help from so many wonderful friends. I didn't take a single picture.
My heart was so full from every one's generosity and support.
The house still looks like a major disaster zone.
We have no counter tops, which means no kitchen sink. We are still with out our cook top (although Cary told me yesterday it could be 3 weeks before that is actually delivered-WHAT?!).
No working electrical outlets in the Master Bedroom. One light bulb works in the recessed lights in the Master Bedroom. No work has really been done in the Master Bath. The vanity is ordered but I think it should be in sometime this week.
We are washing dishes, brushing teeth, filling sippy cups and any other random cleaning that requires water from the little pink sink in Ellery's bathroom.
Cary DID get a new shower head for me in that bathroom, which I'm delighted about.
The floors are so dirty from all the construction guys still tramping through our house that I'm afraid to let Ellery play on the floor (another reason why I brought her to my folks this morning).
Speaking of Ellery, her sleeping schedule is all messed up so she screamed for about an hour and a half last night because she was so tired but refused to got to sleep. THANKFULLY she cried from 8:30-10:00. I could handle that just fine.
I say all of this just to give you a verbal visual of the current craziness we are living in. However, we are not discouraged or upset about any of this. It's just life!
I think it's pretty safe to say we would like to get Kenny, Josh (the kitchen cabinet installer) completed with their work ASAP just for some privacy.
When we moved into our "old house" we were with out sewer for maybe a bit over 1 month. I wont go into detail of how we worked in a house with limited sewer, but we adapted and after a few short days of adjusting our expectations and schedules a bit we were just fine. By the time the county hooked up the sewer line and we could shower in our Master Bath and could flush the toilet as many times as we wanted and actually use the kitchen sink it was amazing.
I'm sure we'll have the same reaction this time around.
Cary and I are blessed beyond measure and I look at living IN the end of this renovation as more memories created.
Let me just take a minute to list some POSITIVES from our move:
Great family neighborhood
Master Bedroom is PITCH BLACK in the morning (which I'm sure Cary LOVES)
Brand new kitchen
Morning sun fills the living room and I LOVE it
Close into town, with a blockbuster, CVS and several other stores just on the next street over
Cute, cozy home that will be filled with love and family
2 comments:
Glad your alive and the move went well. Sounds totally crazy at your place. If you need a place for Ellery to nap and do laundry your welcome to come here. We don't go anywhere these days :)
you have a great attitude!!
Post a Comment