Currently the original washer & dryer are still in place in the basement.
The basement is disgusting. Especially around the washer & dryer. The ceiling tiles have been removed for electrical and plumbing work. It's very musty and dirty down there.
But sometimes laundry MUST be done (especially when your baby gets sick in her crib) so I ventured down earlier this week and began using the washer & dryer.
Other than the "old" smell, they have worked fine. That is up until this afternoon.
Of course when I decide to wash our sheets (the only set we have right now because I still don't know where our box of sheets is located) the washer breaks. It stopped draining and didn't go through the spin cycle. So I've been waiting for Cary to come home and fix it!
I started to make dinner (more on that later) and came downstairs to this...
Cary was sucking on the end of the white hose that is shown in the VT bucket to syphen out the water from the washer. I gagged. He is definitely a better person than I am.
Amos (who is ALWAYS under foot these days) was very curious as to what all the action was about in his neck of the woods.
Thankfully we have the washer & dryer from our old house just hanging out in the garage and Cary just swapped them out!
So.
Back to my dinner!
It was the inaugural cook top meal!!! I dreamed of something a bit more glamorous, but I love tacos so that's what I made.
Here is a glimpse of my view from the cook top!
If you look closely you will notice the top drawer of the cabinet below the cook top is missing.
We have some tweaking to do to that drawer since the cook top is gas and there are hoses and "stuff" in the back.
You might also notice the extension cord running into the drawer. It's little things like this that we are still working through. The electrical outlet that is for the cook top doesn't work for some reason. So for power we pulled out the handy and used all too much these past 2 weeks, bright orange extension cord.
Honestly, I think this is what is becoming more and more annoying to me. There are several little things that aren't completed yet (because Cary and I can only do so much in the evening) and these little things keep us from making much progress on unpacking. (SIGH)
So. I'm hopeful we'll make some decent progress on stuff this weekend. Since we'll be snowed in. However, I am still praying Home Depot & Lowe's are open because if I want a Master Bathroom we'll need to make a few trips to the store for supplies.
And that's what's up with us, folks! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment