Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ugh...

The Richmond 1/2 marathon is on Saturday.

I have a full blown cold.

Last year I ran the Raleigh, NC 1/2 marathon, 13 weeks pregnant and sick as a dog with a horrible cold/sinus infection.

I guess if I can do that race then this year should be a cake walk, right?

I'm not even taking the time to think about the race.  I'm too focused on getting healthy.

Off to bed at 7 pm for the 3rd night in a row.

I will say this, God is so good. I can make it through the day with the kids but it seems like the minute Cary walks through the door is when the aches/chills/headache sets in.  We eat dinner, I put Walt to bed and then go to bed myself.  I'm so very thankful the Lord gives me the strength to make it through the day.  Sometimes you just have to take one day at a time.

Another little side thought:  I was driving through town today that is part of the marathon course.  At the stop light I looked and saw a sign that said "Marathon Course: No Parking Saturday" and had a moment of "awww....I'm sad I'm not running the marathon this year."  Then I had flashbacks to running this particular part of the course.  I'm thankful to be able to do the 1/2 but my heart longing is for the full.  How crazy is that?

2 comments:

Ali said...

Oh no. Sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Good luck on Sat.

Niki said...

Uh...I have a cold too and have no idea how I will do this race on Saturday!!! Sorry to hear you are sick too :( I'll be looking for you Saturday!!! Get some rest.