Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat!

Since the Fall Festival was kind of a bust, we were hoping Ellery would have fun trick or treating tonight. 

I had Ellery practice ringing the doorbell and saying "Trick or Treat" and "Thank You!" this afternoon.  She LOVED it.  I even brought out our bag of candy and gave her some candy in her bucket.

Our first stop was the home of a family member that lives in our neighborhood. 


She had a blast going to the few houses on our street.  For a while I stood in the driveway holding Walt and watching them walk around, but then I had enough and went inside to make dinner.


I loved that when she came in Cary and I got to teach her the standard post trick or treating practices:

#1- Sit on the floor and dump out your candy.


#2-Be in shock and amazement at all the good stuff you now have in your lap! (like that needs to be taught)


#3-Sort out your candy


#4-Count how many pieces you got and eat some.

This child is addicted to candy. No joke. Every 30 minutes she asks for it. When she goes to bed she is already asks for a "treat" when she gets up in morning. I'm not sure what we'll do about it but it's insane. 

Should I be concerned that my 2-1/2 year old lined up her candy so perfectly on the floor?  Cary and I walked away for 1 minute, turned around and we saw this picture.  What the heck?

No pictures of Walt because he was super tired and not dressed up.  He'll be in better spirits next year. :)

No comments: