We have experienced many amazing changes this year and the Lord is constantly renovating our hearts to be a better reflection of Him.
Monday, January 9, 2012
Keeping it real and random stuff.
I am very much aware of the lack of blogging lately, especially of the important holidays! Oh well, one day I'll get to it. Don't know why, just not in any hurry to spend my few moments of free time waiting for the computer to upload pictures.
Walt is eating solid foods, crawling like a champ, squealing very loudly and a complete joy. Today I began feeding him Puffs along with his lunch and the action of trying to pick up the puff and get it to his mouth was so exhilirating that if he didn't have a puff on his tray he began to arch his back and cry hysterically. So begins the signing lesson of "MORE." I had to try to slip in some food while he was opening for a puff. Life has gotten a little bit more interesting with this little man.
Ellery is about to push us over the edge. She's getting out of bed, blatantly disobeying us and now having to learn what the "truth" means. We have tried just about everything with the "getting out of bed" thing and I know consistency is the key. If you ask her about the RULE, she says "stay in bed." She KNOWS, but chooses to push us. Today we had the conversation of what it means to tell the truth. She and I played a little game like this:
Mommy: Ellery, tell me if this is true or not true: Brother is crawling on the floor
Ellery: That's not true. (he was in my arms and I was holding him)
Mommy: Good job! Now, let's try this one. Ellery just went poo on the potty! Is that true or not true?
Ellery: TRUE!
Mommy: No Ellery, that is not true. You did NOT just go poo on the potty.
Oh the joys of parenting.
Cary bought us a Roku for Christmas. It is a box that streams the internet over your TV so you can watch Hulu, Amazon, Netflix and other streaming stuff. We are trying it out to see if we'll cancel cable and just stream our shows/movies. The only down side is that HGTV and Food Network are not available to streaming (yet?). Like I really have time to watch TV these days...
That's all I've got for right now. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment