Some days you just wake up and know it's gonna be one of those days. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. is a fight.
I think it was about 7:45 AM when I knew the only way I was gonna make it through the day was by filling my house with worship music. Sesame Street went off and Pandora went on.
I don't know why we have days like these but I do know that I MUST stop whatever I'm doing at times, sit and really listen to the words of the songs and point my focus on HIM for the strength to make it through just that moment.
Thankfully the only indication for my children that I'm struggling is my tone of voice and patience. I've failed at breaking several times today. I've asked Ellery for her forgiveness. But I'm gonna try to not beat myself up but instead just move on, try to figure out what we're gonna have for dinner tonight and look toward my 8 mile training run in the cold wind tomorrow morning.
Oh yea, and I'm eating my way through the day. That always seems to help, a little...
No comments:
Post a Comment