Saturday, June 2, 2012

Saturday

Marathon training began this morning.

24 weeks of running.  Every.  Single.  Saturday. And a little during the week.

This is my 4th marathon so I figured it would be time to step up the training.  So I'm now running on the "Intermediate" team.  Basically I get to run 3 - 20 mile training runs, instead of just 1.  Oh yea, and this morning instead of running 4 miles I ran 7.  

I have moments of thinking I'm crazy (like when I was walking to my training team this morning) and then moments of being SUPER excited (like last night when my body was telling me to exercise and I had been a single parent all day long).  But deep down inside I am happy to be back.

I know my running partner was happy that I talked to her literally the ENTIRE time we were running 7 miles today.  Whew, I needed to get some stuff out I guess!  Have I mentioned Cary's comment regarding my running pace?  "You have 1 speed when you run.  That's called 'Social'"  -My sweet husband (he knows me too well).

Now, 7 hours (and one little nap) later I'm taking the kids to the pool (a.k.a. my temporary shower) for a fun afternoon.

Wahoo Saturdays!!!

No comments: