I just had an epiphany (well sort of). Sometimes I feel very insecure in my ability to make the right decisions. I think if I consult a stronger Christian friend or parent then what they say will be the right thing to do. The last couple of weeks I have really struggled with some things and when I had my quiet time I would pray that God would tell me what to do and direct me in His ways. Well dag gonnit I didn’t listen!! There was one particular event last week when I questioned my actions. I even asked other people if I should proceed with doing something and I heard “yes, do it.” So I did it. Ever since then I’ve felt very unsettled. What was done, is done and there is nothing I can do. But it wasn’t until about 3 minutes ago that I realized I should have listened to the still small voice in the back of my head that gave me some doubt. I need to trust that when my spirit is questioning something, usually it’s for a good reason. I need to learn that although some of the people around me and influencing my decision making are good Christian folks and do impart good wisdom in my life, there is no one or thing that can take the place of the Holy Spirit. Now I’m frustrated that I didn’t listen and will have to deal with the consequences of my decision.
I really hope I don’t forget this lesson. There seem to be too many times in life that we easily and quickly forget the lessons the Lord is trying to teach us. I don’t want to live through this one again.
1 comment:
wow...great lesson! hopefully i can learn it from you today...and not have to learn it the hard way tomorrow :-)
Post a Comment