Monday, July 28, 2008

We had a pretty good weekend! My photo skills were lacking this weekend, so I apologize.

Friday night Cary met me at the mall and we listened to a Cuban band play at the Summer Concert Series. The court yard of the mall was packed with families. We ate dinner, walked around and just enjoyed the perfect summer evening. When we began heading out I decided to stop by Macy's and take at look around. That's when I discovered a sale and picked up some new bedding for the guest bedroom.

Saturday was a very productive day. New mulch was spread in the yard, while the second floor of our house was being trimmed out. I headed to a friends bridal shower and it was so great to catch up with old friends. By the way, they had the BEST cake EVER for dessert. 2 things I really liked about this shower: 1-no games, instead we decorated sugar cookies cut out in the shape of wedding cakes. The bride selected her favorite cookie decoration and that guest won a prize. 2-While Becky was opening presents one of the hosts set a timer and if the timer went off while she was opening your gift, you won a prize. I figured the timer was set for 10-15 min. increments. Oh yea, and did I mention the cake? Later that evening we headed to the Robinson's house for an evening of birthday celebration. Our dear friend Tim turned 30 on Sunday. Again, no pictures (what's my deal?) but we had a great time.

I think Sunday was the best day. We had a leisurely morning in bed and then I got up to start cleaning around the house. Cary met a couple to show them our rental property. I cleaned, cleaned, cleaned, but left the vacuuming for Sweetie. :) Then I decided to work on the guest room. By "work on" I mean set up the bed and rearrange the accessories. Here, I DO have a picture.

There was something about setting up this room and finishing this bed that made me so happy! The rest of the day was about checking off small things I haven't taken the time to do.

Cary and I decided to rent the house to the first couple and what a relief that is.

The evening ended with a cup of hot tea, curled up on the sofa, finishing one book and beginning another. I would say that makes for a good day!

No comments: