He has done it again. That is, he has impressed me and made me thankful that he is my husband and not someone else.
I came home this afternoon and quickly got an attitude with him. At what? Nothing in particular. Nothing at least really worth getting an attitude over. As much as I fought it all night long, through church, through a visit with friends, through dinner, I couldn't shake it. I wasn't nasty with him, just miffed and he could tell.
Now get this; we figured out that our cable line was cut this afternoon while some plants were being dug up. That sucks. Definitely didn't help with the poor attitude. But Cary and I have some "standards" in our routine that unfortunately go hand in hand with the TV. The realization of there being no TV just sucked! So while I was in the shower, Sweetie went outside, after 10:00 in 45 degree weather only to try to find the problem. He dug up plants and sure enough found the split wire. I was hanging out the window saying "come in side! it's not worth it!" Of course he didn't listen. I heard rustling around in the crawl space under my feet. I turned every light on trying to give him some help. And finally he said "okay, give it a try." IT WORKED!
When I thought that having cable wasn't worth the effort at 10:00 at night, he did. It was worth it to know that he could provide the repair of our cable line to me. There are a qualities our friends husbands have that Cary doesn't. It's his love, determination, ability to repair & fix things and most importantly his caring is what surpasses any short comings.
How many of us perform acts of kindness when the recipient has a bad attitude?
1 comment:
not many.
Post a Comment