Saturday, February 6, 2010

Productive Day

Wow, was today productive! (sigh) There is something about feeling like we've accomplished several things on our "to do" list that makes this house feel a bit more like home.

We sat down this morning and came up with a list of things that needed to be done before Ellery's birthday party (in 2 weeks). So my first move after this discussion was to call my dad and see if he could come and help.

I do not know what we would have done with out his help. Having him around really gives us the ability to focus. We all took turns to paint and play with Ellery and work together to accomplish our "list."

Painting all the doors was on the top of our list. I really wanted to get the hardware on all of them, but that is a time consuming process so we have a few more doors to do, but still...at least having hardware on our bedroom & Ellery's room is great!


My dad LOVES to feed Ellery. I gave her lunch and before I knew it he had her out of the highchair and she was eating his soup and grilled cheese sandwich (which she loves)


Little Miss found her birthday invitations!!


First thing I did this morning was to put a pot roast in the crock pot. Nothings better for dinner on a cold snowy night!


Later this afternoon homemade chocolate chip cookies were a must!




So now we are eating dinner and finally ready to relax.

Yep. It was a good day!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

how in the world do you have time for cookies?? i have the ingredients...but never have the time!