Tuesday, February 23, 2010

To The Gym...

I am embarrassed to admit I have not exercised since the marathon in November.

Life has been too hectic.

But I feel like I'm running out of excuses now. A friend is gently asking me to run the local 10K race with her in about a month. Therefore I have decided that today is the day I will try out my emaciated legs for the first time in 3 months. If I can get a decent run in (at the gym while E is in childcare) then I might seriously consider doing the race. Something about running socially can get my little booty in gear.

In an effort to motivate myself even more, my first order of business this morning was to put on gym clothes instead of the typical jeans & long sleeve t-shirt uniform.

Thankfully the treadmills at the Y have TVs so I can catch a cooking show while working the aches and pains out of my muscles. Side note: when I go too long with out working out my body tells me by giving me an achy back and "crazy legs."

Off to the gym I go!!

1 comment:

Peyton said...

I haven't excersized since 1995! Love you, the house looks awesome! Come do mine next.