Thursday, April 1, 2010

Missing Dog

MISSING DOG
April 1, 2010




This was a flyer that went out to our neighborhood this morning, and created quite a bit of drama in our day.

I noticed Amos wasn't in the house early this morning and when I went outside to put out some trash I noticed he didn't come downstairs from the deck.

Immediately I packed Ellery up in the car to make some laps around the neighborhood and called Cary to let him know. As the hours passed by my heart kept sinking further and further.

Cary came home and joined in the search and our friend Raleigh helped as well. I called the SPCA, made flyers and started notifying the neighbors.

Around lunch time Raleigh was driving down the street and stopped to talk to a lady who was on a walk, she asked if he was the guy looking for the lost dog.

THANK YOU LORD!

He drove over to her house and picked our precious Mo up to bring him home.

Our search only lasted a few hours but in that short amount of time I realized how important it is to appreciate the people (and pets) you love. Yeah, that sounds a bit cheesy but seriously!

I mean last night Amos was in the basement while Cary and I were working on stuff around the house and next thing we know this morning he's gone! Life is so precious.

Raleigh is the hero of the day and our sweet Amos is home safe and sound.

Oh yea, here is how he got out.

A few weeks ago we had a fence installed in our back yard. Of course the guy who put it in forgot to close up the back corner where there was a hole between 2 neighbor's fences. We've noticed Amos in the back neighbors yard before (but I think that was before the new fence was installed).

Anyway, he probably got curious this morning and off he went!

The neighbor who found him lived maybe 1/4 mile away.

Cute side story: I was standing on the deck and calling out his name (for like the 14th time) and Ellery started to say "DOG!" "DOG"

So cute. We call Amos "Dog, Dog" with Ellery.

No comments: