Remembering that a friend said to take her to a specific store to buy her first pair of real shoes I had no idea how much of an ordeal it would be.
We waiting for at least 45 minutes to be helped.
TONS of kids.
Thank the Lord Papa was with me and he could walk her all over creation while I surveyed the options.
And boy were there options.
I narrowed it down to these. Nope, no patent leathers here. None were in the store that looked like they would fit her feet.

(by the way, none of these shoes came in her size; apparently Ellery has small feet)


Eventually a sweet old woman (who had been working in this store for over 50 years) found 2 pairs of sandals for our Little Miss.

One pink pair and one white pair. She liked them, and believe me she was opinionated about the shoes.
Dad was picking shoes up and showing them to her while we were waiting. If she didn't like them she would push them away. But if she thought they were cute she would accept them and want to carry the sample around the store.

The surprise was our sales clerk telling us that these sandals will fit her for about 3 months and I can expect a call from the store around that time for me to come in and have her fitted again. Ummm....we'll see...(those puppies were expensive)
2 comments:
I looooooved getting to take Sean to Saxon. I loved the personal attention and how the sales people double check to make sure the shoe fits correctly. I miss shopping there so much.
She is such a little doll. Food for thought that could save you some money. I haven't had any problems with shoes I've purchased at Sears, Walmart, Target and Payless and they are tons cheaper. I did ask our pediatrician first and she said that it didn't matter either. I'm very picky about shoes too. I've heard the same thing about having to change their shoes every 3 months, but fortunately, I really haven't had to do it that often.
Post a Comment