Friday, August 13, 2010

Random Thoughts

I should not be blogging right now.

There are too many things on my "To Do" list today and clearly not enough time.

Sometimes I feel like there is never enough time when you have a child.

The small voice in my head says maybe I'm feeling so stressed because I've exerted a lot of energy this morning (running 10 miles) and haven't had enough to eat. Maybe that's why I strongly believe that a chocolate milkshake would make my life that much better right now!

This is my counter/work space right now.



A small square list I created earlier this week sits by the laptop.

Ellery ripped it in half yesterday.

I will never be that super mom who leaves the grocery store with $100 in savings from clipped coupons. And sometimes I even wonder why I make an attempt at all. But then the reality of living on a budget sets in and every few cents saved helps.

Yes. I've told myself several times already in the last hour that if I don't go to the grocery store life will be OK.

Yes. I've questioned if taking what seems like the entire morning to complete a 10 mile run was a wise decision for today.

But what's done is done and I can only try to make good decisions with the time I have left to my day.

Still I keep repeating this prayer (out loud), "Lord help me with my patience. Help me with my patience."

So that's my Friday, so far...

(approx. 1 hr. 30 min. later....)
My dad just texted me that he's on his way over (we have a meeting later this afternoon) and he is stopping at Starbucks. Praise Jesus he's gonna get me a drink. I am so thankful right now for my Dad's thoughtfulness, I feel like I'm gonna make it! Thank You Lord!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

yay! you got the 10 miles done! love you! you made me feel so much better yesterday...thank you!