Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Clutter & Reflection

I have to accept that my life will always have clutter.

If there is a moment when there is no clutter in my house, just wait 10 minutes (or until the mail man comes) and then it's back to the same old, same old.

I also need to learn to accept that the majority of my life for the next few years will be concentrated in the kitchen.

Maybe I need to re-prioritize things. I don't know.

Believe me, I've had a great day!

But I feel like I've been cooking, cleaning & stressing over the stupid pile of mail on the counter too much and not able to enjoy the precious moments of sitting on the floor with Ellery while she plays with her hair bows. I'm always thinking- "the bed needs made", "her teeth need brushed", "it's 10:30 and I'm not even out of my PJ's yet", "did I put that dish in the dishwasher?"

Who knows where this is coming from. It's that time of the day when I'm crashing and I reflect on the productivity of my day and if I would consider it a success.

I would consider today a success, though!

Ok, I'm done.

No comments: