Tuesday, November 16, 2010

13 Weeks



I know, there's a belly and no head. Trust me, it was the best option! Cary doesn't take the best belly pictures.

I am addicted to Sour Patch Kids.

Pizza and fast food are NOT. MY. FRIEND. Please, if you are around me and I suggest one of these things as a snack or meal do NOT let me eat them. No joke...

I must have had my first craving tonight because I had..HAD...to have these items.



This past weekend I experienced overwhelming exhaustion. Sunday morning, when I should have been working in the nursery at church, I headed to Patient First.

Well, 3 hours later, 4 needle pokes and a threat for IV fluids later I was ordered to bed rest.

This pregnancy hasn't been nice to me, YET.

Friday I was tired but very nauseous. My reaction is to stop eating & drinking for fear of a bad stomach thing I've been battling too frequently lately.

I felt a tad worse on Saturday but forced myself to fulfill prior commitments. I slept over 12 hours on Saturday night.

Cary had Mono as a kid and I asked him if this was how he acted, cause that's exactly how I felt. I could not stand in the kitchen for more than 15 minutes with out feeling like I would fall out right there.

Sunday morning I knew I was worse.

When I went into the doctors they told me I was EXTREMELY dehydrated, which was obvious when they tried 3 times to draw blood with no success and finally got it from my hand. I had this problem when I went into the hospital to deliver Ellery. You think I would learn!

He told me I have a virus and thankfully he gave me anti-nausea meds. That little pill gives me the ability to eat and sleep. It's great! I'm also very thankful he let me go home and drink instead of giving me an IV, which is what he was tempted to do.

I was told to stay in bed all day on Monday. You know you are sick when you are in bed for 2 days straight and it's not a dreaded place. Last night when I did emerge from the bedroom, Cary came home from work and said "Wow, you REALLY didn't do anything today! That's good Sweetie!"

Today is a completely different story. I have cravings (obviously), standard energy and no nap (although a little one would have been nice, but Ellery woke up early). I'm still keeping a close eye on my diet and overall health.

Every day that is considered a "healthy day" is an amazing blessing. I loved every moment I shared with Ellery today. There was finally energy and patience for a toddler and no matter how many crocodile tears she might have shed I enjoyed even those ordinarily challenging moment.

Alright! On to week 14 (and my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving)....bring it!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Your belly is perfect. I just realized the last time I got to see you in person was when you had Ellery in your belly. It's been TOO long. That's what I get for moving so far away. :( Phone date soon!? xoxo

Niki said...

Leah you are so cute pregnant! I hear you on the pizza and fast food not being your friend. Thats what happened to me with Bailey. If I ate it for dinner it would wake me up in the middle of the night and I would pay all night long...guess your baby isn't a fan of the grease! But it is sad b/c sometimes there is nothing like a good slice of pizza or McDonald's fries! Its pretty amazing what the little white pills do for the nausea, huh?

I think its so funny we will deliver at the same place...if I make it that far maybe we'll be hospital buddies...HA! Prayers for you that you are feeling better and hydrated soon! Take care of yourself!

Courtney said...

friend..take CARE of yourself! i'm worried about you! thanks for your call. tomorrow is CRAZY...maybe we can catch up friday?!? LOVE YOU!

Ali said...

Goodness. I am sorry you were so sick. Glad you are feeling better now. The roses are gorgeous. Boots too cute. And your cravings,ugh!