Around May 20th of 2011 we will be adding another person to our growing family!!
This first trimester has been filled with all day morning sickness, lots of anxiety and fear and sort of disbelief.
This is how we found out:
One Friday night I was cleaning up after dinner and happened to walk between Cary and the TV several times. Once I finally sat down he turned to me and said, “Sweetie, is there any chance you could be pregnant?” I said, “Umm, there’s like a 95% chance I’m NOT pregnant. Do I look fat?” Yea, that set a whole new conversation into motion and it took him some time to crawl out of that one. But I will say it got my wheels turning.
On Monday afternoon, and the weekend of half hearted calculations, I went to the store to pick up a test. Cary came home from work and I told him that we were taking a pregnancy test. He joined in my skepticism. We walked away and he made us wait in the kitchen the full 3 minutes.
I have to chuckle because as we walked down the hall to the bathroom for the results we were high-fiving to the comments of “Here goes to a negative pregnancy test!”
As I turned the corner I saw 1 word, my jaw hit the floor and I said, “SHUT. UP!” right about the time Cary looked at the test. We were in shock, probably me more so than him. I think Cary was just excited.
So here we are. I have been battling fears of a miscarriage this entire first trimester and have failed in letting those anxieties take control of my mind at times. But after seeing this precious one yesterday I am rejoicing in the Lord for His goodness. My heart is overwhelmed with thankfulness. May can not get here fast enough. My belly can not show signs of this growing little one fast enough for me. I am just so excited to have another baby and I just praise the Lord for our blessing.
In case you are curious:
Yes, I do have a bit of a baby bump.
No, I have not taken any belly pictures yet (but will very soon).
Yes, I ran a ½ marathon pregnant and sick. My mother was not happy with me about that either.
Yes, we will probably find out the gender of the baby (cause Cary NEEDS a boy).
No, I don’t think we are done yet.
No, Ellery does not know or really understand about another baby joining the family.
I'll be sure to keep you posted as to how things are developing but as for now I can not eat enough food, my energy has finally returned along with the departure of my nausea. Happy days!
7 comments:
Congratulations!!!! Very exciting news!!! My second one was not planned either. There are pros and cons to having them close together, but in the long run, I think you'll be glad. Mine are 22 months apart and yes, it was hard at first, but now they are great friends and they always have a playmate. What a great story you have with finding out about this one. God Bless and I will keep you in my prayers.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so excited to have someone joining me :) Its so funny we are due 1 day apart! I loved reading this b/c I can totally relate to how you feel on the nerves/anxiety and the nauseasness and hunger...HA! I'm so excited for you guys :) You will LOVE having Ellery and this little one close in age...its lots of fun :) Take care!
Love you
Congratulations! I'm glad you're starting to feel better.
I love this post! Congratulations!
Congrats on the great news!
SHUT RIGHT UP!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!
Leah & Cary, I am a bit beside myself. I LOVE that I finally check in on your blog after a moment to breathe in the midst of a CRAZY three weeks of week, (three weeks of NO blog reading - I am way behind on everyone) to find such wonderful news.
You've made my day! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment