Wednesday, January 19, 2011

22 Weeks



Okay, here it is. The ever growing belly!

Truthfully this week has been strange. I've been moody and it's been very difficult to be excited about much of anything. It's got to be hormones, cause there's no other reason.

I can sort of still sleep on my tummy but it's become more like 1/2 tummy 1/2 side.

For the first time this pregnancy, this week I have not been enthusiastic about working out! SHOCK.

Little Man moves around quite a bit. Last night, middle of the night, I was awake and put my hand on my belly. He was wiggling around and out of the blue the palm of my hand filled up with baby. It's like he moved over to snuggle with me! One of those moments when you can feel every other part of your tummy relax and a ball of baby just IS under YOUR hand. Strange feeling but so sweet I immediately smiled and like my hand, just let my heart be full.

The body is doing strange things. My lower back has been achy and sore, but nothing major. I'm finding myself short of breath at times, like my organs are being pushed into my diaphragm. For the life of me I can NOT bring myself to get out of bed before 7:30 and life is even better if I can stay in bed until 8:00. No matter how early I go to bed or how long my alarm goes off, the body says NO, not until 7:30. Thankfully we've been putting Ellery down around 7:30 so she'll sleep and hang out in bed until 7:45ish.

1 comment:

Niki said...

Aww Leah...I got teary eyed when I read that your little man moved over to snuggle up with you. That is just the sweetest thing...