If you are anything like me you need a plan for the day, especially when you have a toddler.
That plan/list I create is like the road to feeling accomplishment and fulfilled at the end of the day. It's like in order for me to fall asleep with a satisfied sigh and smile I have to check that list off.
So this morning, after story time and the morning errands, I sat down to make my nap time/afternoon list.
That included the following:
Study (complete the day's bible study requirements due tomorrow)
Exercise (yes this is still on my list at 5 1/2 months pregnant, it's insane I know)
Casserole (I'm signed up to bring food for bible study tomorrow, and this is THE biggy of my nap time accomplishment list)
Research meals (something random to do on the computer in case I have extra time)
Well the goal was to get the bacon cooked in the oven before E went down for her nap so I could assemble my casserole over nap and complete my bible study.
Everything was going as planned, that is until I took Little Miss to the potty.
Side note: I'm getting very tired of changing "dirty" diapers so I work very hard to get her to do her business on the potty before nap time. Some days it works, some days it doesn't.
Well, apparently potty time takes a bit longer than I anticipated.
As evidence of culinary accident that was going on in my oven.
SERIOUSLY?
By the grace of God, Cary just HAPPENED to come home for lunch which gave me the time to run out to the store and BUY MORE BACON. Okay, do any of you know how expensive bacon is these days? I'm sorry but when I know I just BURNED $4 of bacon it really gets me worked up. Not to mention this totally screwed up my schedule/plan for the day.
I watched the new batch in the oven like a hawk. Every 5 minutes I jumped up from my bible study and RAN to the oven.
Round 2:
MUCH more successful. Whew!
Of course as SOON as I took the bacon out of the oven Ellery starts crying (approx. 1 hour into her nap) and doesn't stop for a while. That turned into a tantrum which eventually calmed down.
Sometimes, I swear. LIFE.
I texted Cary about 4:30 and said, "Do you mind if I hop on the stationary bike when you get home and before we make dinner." That answer would be the saving grace of my evening.
I now sit before you, exercised, showered and having a wonderful plate of breakfast for dinner just served right beside me.
GOTTA GO EAT! :)
ps. the casserole turned out great!

1 comment:
6 months pregnant, have you suddently jumped ahead of me :)? looks yummy, I love bacon?
Post a Comment