Ellery has a LOT of transition ahead of her over the next few months.
Although potty training was at the top of my list, after reading several potty training books and watching her closely I realized that it would be better to wait a month or two before tackling that mountain.
This weekend we were cleaning and I said, "Cary, please take the front rail off of her bed." And just like that we transitioned to the Toddler bed!!
It took a short and simple conversation about being a "big girl" and then she was fascinated with her new bed.
Of course this required me to pull out the video monitor again and we RUSH out of the room to look at the monitor and make sure she hasn't fallen out.
The first nap (which was about an hour after the rail was removed) Cary tucked her in and as soon as he left she crawled out and just stood there, next to the bed, like "uh oh....what did I do?" He went right back in, with out a word, put her back in bed and that was it!
I love that she goes into her room after breakfast, crawls into bed and has me bring her books so she can "read" with all of the stuffed animals around. She seems to really like it!
Sweet thing, you're growing up too fast!!

No comments:
Post a Comment