Ellery started Preschool today!
What a big day in our house. It began with Daddy making Ellery some yummy oatmeal.
I think she was excited. Yesterday we met her teacher and explored her classroom. Thankfully this is the same classroom she's be in for nursery at church so she's already familiar with the space. I will say that yesterday she wasn't super interested in seeing the room, probably because she was excited for our play date with her friend Ella, which was AFTER the Preschool Open House.
I feel like life has just taken another turn. I mean getting supplies together for class, packing a school bag this morning and the energy and excitement for school starting is something new in life. A something I never really thought about before. It's just a strange sort of adjustment I guess. AND it's ONLY Preschool!!
The drop off procedure is to drive up and a teacher or aid comes out to the car and takes them from the car. Man, watching her walk away from me, holding onto someone else's hand really shook me up. I drove off with a tear falling down my cheek. She's getting so big! My precious Ellery....
When I picked her up this afternoon I moved to a space where I could get out of the car, opened the door, took her out and just HUGGED her! I missed her ALL MORNING! I asked what she did in class this morning and she said, "Shh, I can't tell you what I did in Preschool." Ha! WHAT?!? Thankfully her teacher sent out an e-mail telling us what they did.
So what did I do? Well, I went for a run with Walt in the jogging stroller. By the time I got home it was time to pick her up.
Big day!!
3 comments:
um. she is ADORABLE! what a big day!!!
she is so cute. i was thinking of you. glad it went well.
I love that you can drop her off and not have to get your other
kid(s) out of the car....jealous of that. So glad she's liking it!
Post a Comment