Sunday, April 1, 2007

Gardening

I woke up this morning and wasn't sure what I wanted to do today. Some weekends I wake up and know that baking all day long would give me a feeling of satisfaction and joy. Today there were a few things that just plain needed to get done. We had several plants that had been waiting to be planted for several weeks now. So Cary and I spent the day gardening.


Somehow or another I found myself at Wal-Mart searching through the packets of seeds. Last year we attempted to grow tomatos, cucumbers and bell peppers. This year I have taken on the project of planting herb seeds and flower seeds for my landscaping. Every summer I have an herb garden. We absolutely love going out to the deck and cutting basil and rosemary when we cook. This year, instead of spending $3 per container of basil I thought, let's see if I can grow some of my own. As Cary will say, "nothing ventured, nothing gained!" So here is a picture of my new green house, also known as the breakfast table. I think I missed out on the planting lessons in elementary school.



I should know if it worked in about 2 weeks. In case you were wondering, the white specs are tags so I know what plant is what, otherwise I would be terribly confused!

No comments: