This week has been crazy and it seems I have every intention of posting blogs daily, but the time just slips away. So here is our week in review.
Friday night (this would be May 4) Cary and I had dinner with some missionaries from Slovakia. My parents have developed a wonderful relationship with Miro & Veronica along with her parents John and Martha. Both couples were in the US last week to raise money for their church. My mom has planned a 2 week trip to Slovakia in the next couple of weeks to hold a women’s conference at their church. This is a photo of Miro and Veronica with Cary and I after dinner when we all hung out in the Man Room.
Friday night (this would be May 4) Cary and I had dinner with some missionaries from Slovakia. My parents have developed a wonderful relationship with Miro & Veronica along with her parents John and Martha. Both couples were in the US last week to raise money for their church. My mom has planned a 2 week trip to Slovakia in the next couple of weeks to hold a women’s conference at their church. This is a photo of Miro and Veronica with Cary and I after dinner when we all hung out in the Man Room.

Saturday my grandparents arrived into town from Florida in celebration of my mom’s ordination into the Assembly of God ministry.

Aren't they just the cutest!! I love them so much I could just squeeze them, but I wont, because I wouldn't want to break them...
This was a big event for our family. I’m so proud of my mom, she has been working so hard for many years to achieve this goal and finally, here she is. She married my father right out of high school and moved with him while he attended Central Bible College. She worked in the book store to be able to support them while dad completed college. He was ordained and then they spent many years pastoring small churches in North Carolina while raising a young family. When my dad was transferred to Virginia with a general contracting company she found a job at their current church, West End Assembly of God where she was the Sr. Pastor’s secretary. Then the Lord began bringing her other opportunities to serve, beginning with leading the Women’s Ministries. One day she made the decision to start the long and arduous task of walking the road to become an ordained minister. And now, here we are! She is the only female minister on staff at WEAG and heading up the Women’s Ministry, Small Group Ministry and leading mission’s trips to foreign countries so other women can feel the Love of Christ and His calling on their lives. Like I said, I’m really proud of her.

Someone else who shared in my pride, my father. He radiated love for my mom and to see him participate in the ordination ceremony (all participants spouses were included in the event) smiling from ear to ear and walking with an extra umph in his step was fantastic. I remember he had the same demeanor on my wedding day. Aww, I love him.
Although other things happened this past week, these were the highlights and moments I never want to forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment