Thursday, June 19, 2008

Coeur d'Alene

Sorry for leaving you in the dark with the last post being on Monday and then I update you on Thursday.

First, Monday was wonderful. Although Mother Nature had another idea for us, instead of the pool we (Courtney, Peyton & I) had a fantastic time hanging out and just catching up. I really miss seeing them regularly, thankfully it's not a long drive and I can make up excuses to go see them. I absolutely loved having the Cassada kids crawl all over me. For those of you who don't know, when it comes to toddlers, my lap is prime property. Nothing like reading to children who are all curled up next to you and on your lap anxiously waiting for you to read the next word. Priceless. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures, but if you want to check out Courtney's blog you can see the cute shots she took.

Now, yesterday was about 12 hours of traveling and the Lord blessed us by keeping our luggage on all of our planes. I was convinced we lost Cary's luggage, but at the last minute the belt began moving again and there it was. If you know the story behind his luggage, you would know how bummed I would have been if it had been lost.

Strangest thing happened to me last night. We finally got all tucked away and off to sleep I quickly went. Then at some point I woke up and looked up through the window above the bed and was convinced the sun was rising. After looking at the clock, which read 4:15 and then my watch which read 7:15, I wondered if we slept until 4:15 in the afternoon. I knew I was tired but what time is it? So strange, I went back to sleep. Not worth any more mental energy. Still don't know what that was all about or the light being that it's now 8:30 here, 11:30 back home. I'm going to have to figure this time thing out.

Okay, here is a parting picture from our balcony. AWESOME, minus the vent pipe from the neighbors house.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

yea!!! glad you made it safe! praying for you guys!