Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Rush of wind

Sorry guys for a lack of posts lately but I've been trying to survive without A/C.

Last night I was about to drift off to sleep when I heard a rushing sound outside that brought all of my senses to attention. I looked at Cary and said "Is that wind or rain?" We couldn't figure it out. Cary didn't seem to care but I looked at him and said "Cary, if this is rain it WILL affect my day tomorrow." (meaning working in a slightly cooler office). After a moment of not moving a muscle and straining my ears to determine the sound I finally got up. I pulled the blinds up and the trees were whipping around. As I was lifting the window I said "PRAISE THE LORD!" It was wind, not rain but still I was thrilled to have some sort of movement in the air. After a good amount of coaxing, Cary joined me and we sat next to the window with his head hanging out and mine resting on the ledge and we watching the lighting, fireflies and felt the wonderful breeze. I was thrilled!

It didn't appear to have rained last night, but today is supposed to be cooler, probably warm to me, but not 100+.

No comments: