Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekend in review

CAUTION: this post pretty much revolves around delicious food we ate over the weekend. So there will be lots of "yumms" and then pictures.

Friday evening started with my mom's birthday dinner. Yummy Italian food and we took home leftovers which will feed Cary and I for 2 additional meals.


Saturday evening we caught up with Greg & Jessica and headed to the annual Greek Festival. Serious Yum. Wine, fantastic home cooked Greek food, great friends, I mean I don't know if it gets any better than that.

Me & Jessica
Greg & Cary (these 2 get along so well it's hysterical). Short story, we met Greg & Jessica at a local restaurant before heading to the festival (this was their first GF experience). Jess & I sat across from each other as did Greg & Cary. No kidding, Jess & I could not get a conversation in b/c these 2 were gabbing it up so much. Instead we just stared at each other chuckling. I just had to wait until we got into the car to talk to Jessica b/c it was clear there would be no conversation at that dinner table.


Okay so I forgot to take a picture of my food b/c I was so hungry and excited, but I did get a shot of the dessert. The round object is baklava and I'm not sure what the donuts are called but it doesn't matter b/c they are soaked in honey and dusted with cinnamon which make them very yummy.

A toast to a fantastic evening!

No comments: