Thursday, June 26, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We arrived home somewhere around 1 AM this morning but what a sweet moment it was. I kept saying "i love my house. i love my house." The cats took the first opportunity they could to test Cary's patience by sitting outside our bedroom door and crying for a good portion of the night. I think they missed me. Thankfully we had some sleeping pills which kept Cary from hearing them after several minutes. I on the other hand had a quite different experience.

When we were landing in Richmond I noticed my right ear was throbbing and would not open up. A sinus something has been haunting me the entire trip, which is totally typical when I travel in the cattle car. So I didn't sleep very well (or much at all) b/c my head was throbbing. Wouldn't you know right about the time I got over the pain and drifted off to sleep was when Cary's alarm went off. We had to both drive down town to his office in order to work out the cars. So I decided that I was going to the drs.

I guess it's not a good thing when the dr. walks into the exam room and as I'm explaining my pain he looks in my right ear and says "WHOA, You have an ear infection." I KNEW IT!! Seriously it's been easily 15 years since I've had an ear infection. So a day I had taken off work to organize the house, do laundry, grocery shop and get back into home life has turned out to be a "sick day." How long do ear infections last? Oh well, I'll do as much as I can, when I can that will just have to be enough. I'm still very thankful we are home, safe and sound.

No comments: