Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another Working Weekend

I'm sure there are some of you out there who have labeled us as "the never ends couple." Seriously, if we don't have a project to work on over the weekends & throughout our week......well.....I don't know what that would be like cause it's just not part of The Ayers Way Of Life.

Okay, now there are some of you who know me too well and have heard me complain about working every weekend and all the schemes I've imagined to get out of the weekend work. Thankfully Sweetie didn't hold me to too much back breaking labor this weekend, but I did not get to visit with friends on Saturday as I like to do.

So what's the project as of late? Let me give you a glimpse....for 1 year we have been working on our flip house, for 6 months Cary has been training for an Ironman, now we are back to working on another property, Willowtree (the birthplace of the Ayers Residence) in preparation for another rental year. Next will be the second floor of our own house. Thankfully this one is close enough where I can take a much needed nap if I so choose, and I can eat what ever I want when ever I want to....I could go on and on.

So, yesterday it was clean up the stuff the old renter left behind and get a real grasp of the full scope of work to be completed prior to showing the house. In the middle of cleaning out the full refrigerator and throwing crap in the trailer to haul to the dump (did I mention the former renter has had 2+ weeks to get his stuff out of the house and hasn't been living there?) the renter shows up! Okay, confrontation? Not really, Cary handled the situation very well and there was no outward hostility, that is until they saw that I had cleaned the fridge. That's when I bailed and went home (for a nap). I couldn't handle the pressure, besides the kitchen is my stomping ground and when I can't clean it b/c he's in there, my time is better spent doing something else.

Well, today Cary, Lee (our crewman) and myself spend the better part of the day painting and more cleaning or repairing of misc. things. All the while I painted I thought to myself "well I'm sure glad I didn't commit to brunch or some fun shopping with Becca this afternoon!" Some how or another Cary's love for me deepens when I put in a long day of work with him in our (i mean his) projects. He did treat me to Mexican for dinner tonight "as my reward." ;) haha

So now it's almost 7, Sweetie's out mowing the lawn. I'm about to pass out here at the computer from a full tummy and desperately need a shower. Sorry there are no pictures, but there is nothing really to photograph. Besides I had no time to be a photographer today, I was Sweetie's Helper!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Let's plan a lunch date so you can get out of working on the weekend! I leave for AZ August 10th. Hopefully we can both find a weekend to get together before that! Now get some rest!