Saturday, September 13, 2008

Bitter Sweet

We just got home from a week at the beach with great friends. Last night as we were gathered in the living room just digging into some yummy brownies, several of us agreed that 1 week vacation just isn't enough. I feel like it was just Thursday evening that I began to really relax and enjoy being away. While Cary and I were driving home I was so sad. Sad to be leaving friends. Sad to be leaving the calming sounds of the ocean. Sad to be leaving the last bit of a tan for 2008. But then I told Cary that we should be excited because now our Fall Season officially begins. There are lots of things to look forward to! Still, leaving the beach is bitter sweet.

Once we got home I was so thankful that we worked very hard to clean our house before leaving. It was nice to walk through the bedrooms and everything to smell new. I know that when we crawl into bed tonight the sheets are clean and tight. The bathroom was shining and not cluttered with dirty clothes. Sigh. It's nice to be home.

I'll upload photos of the beach once I find the camera. Don't get your hopes up too much though b/c I was aweful at taking pictures!

No comments: