Parker surprised Walter, Lynn, Nanny & Pop by flying cross country to take part in the family weekend.
Saturday we headed out on Pop's boat for a big day of fishing!
Ellery got a bug bite on her face, I think it was on Thursday, and over the weekend the little bite turned into a big ol' swollen thing and her poor little eye!!
Mimi knows how to make things better, just give her a cracker and she'll be happy!
Cary caught the first fish of the day.
I caught a fish!
You can see from my face that it freaked me out a bit. There were no problems reeling it in, but anything that would require me to touch the fish was giving me the willies.
Although this wasn't the first fish caught it was the first one big enough to keep!
Don't you just love how we have the cooler of fish at the end of Ellery's pack and play? Any time the fish would flip in the cooler and it shook I freaked out and then Ellery would just stand there staring at the cooler and looking at me with this face like, "What's wrong Mommy?"
Lynn caught a stink ray but thankfully Parker was able to take it off the hook and release it with out any injury.
Little Miss & Pop
Saturday afternoon Cary I drove out (like 30 min. away) to a crazy barn in the middle of no where to buy lobster for dinner.
On the drive home Cary said,"I really hope I like lobster after all of this."
Yea, he had 2 bites and couldn't eat any more. Ha!
Sunday morning we had family breakfast at the local restaurant. 2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 pieces of bacon for $2!! That's the price of eating out in a small town.
Yummy breakfast!
The family portraits.
The Parker/Ayers Family
Pop & a painting of his boats. He has been a fisherman his whole life and these are all of the boats he owned throughout his entire 88 years.
3 Generations
1 comment:
The pack n play on the boat is brilliantly hysterical. Hmmm.
Post a Comment