Here was our day:
church
lunch
Ellery nap, while Cary and Leah clean up the basement
That clean up was exhausting for the both of us and as soon as we were done Little Miss woke up. Go figure.
Cary had mentioned how he would love to curl up on the sofa in the now functional Man Room, watch some TV and take a nap.
I wanted a nap too.
So I had a brilliant idea, call up Papa and take Ellery over for a little visit so Sweetie and I could relax a bit.
(believe me, cleaning up that Man Room was a big project. I'm not ready to show pictures)
Wouldn't you know that right when I left with Ellery our power went out. It was a big power outage for our area and wasn't back on when I returned.
Sweetie and I decided we needed to get out of the house. Off to the mall (the one closest to our house but it's been years since we've been there)we went!!
Oh my gosh, this turned out to be a wonderful little date!
We had cinnamon & sugar pretzel nuggets, diet soda and just walked all over the mall reminiscing on past jobs, old favorite stores and we even found a new store that I REALLY like!
It really was a great little surprise afternoon.
Now Little Miss is on her way home and we can hang out with her a bit before bedtime!
No comments:
Post a Comment